Welcome to Rocky Hock Baptist Church!
We are glad you are interested in Rocky Hock Baptist Church and look forward to having you as our guest soon. We're faithfully pursuing our calling as a church that will go and make disciples who live deeper in Christ.
When you arrive, you will be welcomed by one of our greeters/ushers. Please take the time to let us know you have visited by filling out one of our guest cards. They can be found in the back of each pew or located at our welcome desk. You may leave it with a volunteer, the pastor or simply place it in the offering plate. Please let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to assist you.
Update (June 25, 2020) on Services and Ministry Opportunities
I’m sure by now you have been made aware that our Governor Roy Copper has given an executive order concerning the wearing of face masks indoors or outdoors when social distancing is not possible. We can’t wait to see everyone again this Sunday either at 9am or 11am. We ask that you please wear a mask. When you are seated and properly social distanced, feel free to remove your mask but please put it back on prior to leaving.
This past Sunday was a tremendous success due to the effort of our deacons, volunteers, and staff. One thing we did learn on the technology side of things is that for our 9am service to be posted online at 11am, that is not possible. Therefore, we are going to record the 9am service and live stream the 11am service on Facebook live. If you haven’t already done so please go to our church Facebook page and hit the like button. Facebook will give you a notification when we are live. So moving forward, we will do our best to post the 9am Sunday’s service by 12 Noon on our website.
Church Service Guidelines
We will open our church doors starting with two services on Sundays at 9am and 11am. In order to maintain a safe capacity each service will be divided by age. If you are 55 and older we are asking you to come to the 9am service. If you are 54 or younger please attend the 11am service. After the 9am service we will sanitize door handles, pews, and bathroom surfaces to prepare for the 11am service. Nursery and children’s church through 3rd grade will be provided during the 11am service only. The bridal suite off the vestibule has been transitioned to be used as a baby changing room. Music for both worship services will be led by our praise team and there will be no choir at this time.
For cleaning and sanitizing reasons we are asking everyone to remain in our sanctuary and vestibule only. The sanctuary will be open, including bathrooms in the vestibule along with the connecting corridor which will be used as a drop off and pick up area for nursery and children church.
Here are some guidelines you need to keep in mind.
1. If you are considered vulnerable/high risk to COVID-19 or uncomfortable about attending, we highly encourage you to stay home. Please do not feel pressured to attend. We will record the 9am service and post it online at 11am on our website and Facebook page for those who stay at home. We will distribute DVDs of the service to our shut-ins later on Sunday afternoon.
3. We ask that you please enter and exit the sanctuary using the front entrance, only. Our ushers will open and close doors so that you will not have to touch door handles. Parents with small children (infant – 3rd grade), please drop off your child at the exterior connecting corridor door. A volunteer will be there to greet you. Every child and volunteer will have their temperature checked upon entering. Any volunteer or child with a temperature of 100.4 will not be allowed to enter.4. Please use our hand sanitizer stations and/or you may use the bathrooms in the vestibule to wash your hands with soap and water.
5. Please park around the sanctuary while continuing to stay socially distant. If you are handicapped, please park in the spaces provided.
6. All family members you wish to sit with must be together at the time you enter the vestibule. You will then be ushered to a seat at least six feet apart on every other pew. If you have been keeping distance from your own vulnerable family members, still continue to do so and separate. Seating will be first come first serve from front to back so you will not sit in your normal spot.
7. This is the most important guideline: Do not congregate and fellowship with one another within six feet. You can wave and say hello, but do not shake hands, hug, or fellowship within six feet before and after services. After the service you will be ushered out by groups. Again, please do not break the social distancing guidelines.
8. We will have an offering box available at the vestibule doors that you may place your offering into as you enter or leave.
We are very excited about reopening Rocky Hock Baptist Church in phases, but we also understand the need to be safe. We are ready to see everyone and worship Jesus together! Let’s follow these guidelines so that we keep our church family safe
God bless, stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you on Sunday!